Monday, May 23, 2011

other pleasures

the pleasure of the sun on my skin
the pleasure of hard work and satisfaction of a job well done on the art show
the pleasure of being in the company of good friends
the pleasure of talking with a trusted friend on the phone and having my soul and spirit encouraged and fed
the pleasure of hunger being staved
the pleasure of eating leftover breakfast casserole, and the pleasure of remembering the brothers i enjoyed it with the first time
the pleasure of a hand on my shoulder during prayer
the pleasure of singing worship songs...loudly...very loudly
the pleasure of affirmation that my words penetrated someone’s soul and encouraged them
the pleasure of the warm and loving embrace of my wife
all very real. all very good. no shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment