Wednesday, January 23, 2008

on failure

can words truly echo the groaning of my soul?
choked sobs, muffled cries, silent bleeding wounds.
only the sighs of God himself suffice.

empty, ruined, desperate, tired longings for
someone besides me to fill this skin of mine
to make this body move,
to make this mind think,
to make this heart love God with each and every beat,
to do for you what i cannot.

for this, your Spirit, promised, given and grieved…
oh my life, be for him,
oh my blood, course for him,
oh my eyes, see for him.
oh my heart, oh my heart…

may your grace be as great, and vast and lavish as you say!
may your love be furious in your pursuit of me.
may you be the sure, relentless hound of heaven
and track me down, your reluctantly willing prey.

you don’t desire my years of tears,
there would never be enough to atone.
oh, wrench away my cherished fears
and make me yours and yours alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment